(1)Through making several changes, Department of Civil Service Ethics (the Department) has strived for legalization, openness, and transparency in an approach that advances with the times. With the increasing emphasis on the government integrity, Department of Civil Service Ethics upholds the belief that integrity is the core value of the government and that corruption leads to the destruction of the government's image to strengthen the idea that civil servants should insist on integrity and refuse corruption. With the focuses on prosperity, service, and prevention instead of anti-fraud, intervention, and investigation, Department of Civil Service Ethics fully promotes integrity based on the instructions given by the Agency Against Corruption, Ministry of Justice in the hope of creating a corruption-free administration.
(2)Responsibilities of the Department are as follows:
- Stipulate the laws and regulations of civil service ethics.
- Promote the laws and regulations of civil service ethics of the Department.
- Prevent, discover, and handle reported corruption of the staff of the Department.
- Recommend the reforms of civil service ethics of the Department.
- Recommend the rewards and punishments for civil service ethics evaluation of the Department.
- Declare the staff property of the Department.
- Maintain the confidentiality of business of the Department.
- Handle other matters related to civil service ethics.